Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tiny URL

This book is filled with links that have tinyurl in the address. After becoming curious enough, I checked out wikipedia, and found that this is a site that was created in 2002 to help shorten very long url address. What a wonderful idea! I hated those times in the computer lab when I asked the students to enter a web address that was very long. Unless they were advanced typists, it took a while and quite a few "error, website not found" messages that required me checking to see what was entered incorrectly. Of course, you could always bookmark the site on every computer or on your website, but this would still work, and give the students practice of entering in the address. I plan to use this site in the future when I have a website to share or research. It would be much easier to have them enter a short address than a long one. Follow the link to see what I mean, or read about it on wikipeida. http://tinyurl.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. You are right, Robin. This is a very handy site/tool, it's free, and the link never expires.

    ReplyDelete