I decided to post a new blog instead of just commenting, that way I could use the WYSIWYG features like changing the text color. You don't have access to those in comments, wonder why?
Anyway, this book really made me curious about e-portfolios, so I googled it. I found this link http://www.coolmath.com/continuing-ed/e-portfolios_templates.html that gives templates for covers and work pages that you can download to use with your students. Then, I read over the "about" link in the sidebar to get more clarification. I have to admit, I was so amazed at the cute templates that I had to see if it would work. After successfully downloading it, I managed to open it with Microsoft Word by right clicking and telling it specifically which program to use to open (before it would just open the webpage b/c that's how you have to download it). I even changed a few things. Here's where I got stuck. So, after you get the images/work scanned into the page using Word, do you have to upload it like we did our appstate webpage? If so, who would host it? How do you convince your director of technology to host an e-portfolio for every student in your class (or district)? It makes more sense to use a site like blogger, but the templates were almost perfect and much more appealing. Anyone got any ideas? Check it out! They are really eye-catching!
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Robin,
ReplyDeleteTo answer your first question, I think we may have using our blog wrong. Our big topics should be the main posts with comments about those post underneath. Comments are just that and the original post gets the attention and the extra features.
As far as the e-portfolios: maybe you could you store them on the school server, a Google site (each site has storage capacity), or web based storage such as Skydrive by Microsoft.